My Mother Says that Baking Soda is much more powerful than we realise! Baking Soda is best known for its use in the kitchen but it’s more than a cooking agent. Baking Soda is also a great (non-toxic) cleaning agent. And more interestingly, Baking Soda also does wonders for your health in restoring your body’s PH balance. Did you know that baking soda has been termed a “proven medical agent”? Some uses of Baking Soda:
- A Natural deodorant – you can mix a teaspoon of baking soda with water which will result in a milky paste which you can apply to your body as deodorant
- Relief for itchy skin – the same milky paste can be applied to your skin to help relief allergic skin, sunburn etc.
- A boost to your kidney functionality – being highly alkaline; baking soda can balance the PH levels of the body. This supports low functioning kidneys which struggle to remove acid from the body.
- Relief for indigestion – put half a teaspoon of baking soda in around two cups of water and drink this mixture 1-2 hours after eating.
- For cleaning kitchenware – soak pots and pans in baking soda for around 20mins to get rid of stubborn food residues etc.
- Fabric softener – add a cup of baking soda to your laundry in your washing machine to serve as a fabric softener